Saturday, July 8, 2017

June Summer Fun!

We were so excited to start June off with a visit from Dillon and Auntie Rachel!
The baby-weight champion!
This guy can move! The camera isn't fast enough to keep up with Mr. D!
 Pile on Auntie Rachel!
With Uncle Alex
 Off to bubblepalooza at the Long Center!

Ready to bubble!















Park time with the boys!






At Allie's end of the year Mustangs party
Watermelon = Summertime!
They found their cousins picture!
What a difference a year makes!
(well, maybe 16 months) 
Allie loves Dillon so much, but was not pleased with this situation! 
Off to Hill Camp! 
Ready, Set Kindergarten for Allie and the Green Team for Jake!
I had a work retreat to New Orleans and was so happy to have Alex join me. I knew it was a bit of a boondoggle but we had much more free time and time to explore than I expected. 


Drinks on Friday night at the Carousel Bar!

Enjoying some late night oysters in the French Quarter! Well, I was enjoying the oysters.

After morning meetings we had a fun lunch out and then took a guided tour all over the city. I've been to New Orleans twice but haven't ever seen or really been able to enjoy the city! 
 The cemeteries we saw were surprisingly beautiful.

There are so many remnants of Hurricane Katrina.

Saturday night we had a nice dinner at 
Brennan's with the group and a
 little late night Cafe Du Monde!


The kids had a great weekend too with a night with Allie's teacher and great sitter, Travis, followed by sleepovers at Henry and Hailey's houses. 


This is what my office looked like on the Friday that we moved out for a 4-5 month renovation! I'm currently working from home with a weekly staff meeting in some shared space downtown. It's going to be a real problem when I have to go back to the office every day!

After New Orleans we were focused on getting Jake ready for his first summer at sleep away camp. 6 Points Sports Academy is a Jewish sports camp in Greensboro, North Carolina. 

The weekend before camp was all about the boys. Jake because he was heading to camp and Alex because of Father's Day!

Friday night we went to hibachi which the kids discovered earlier this year and in preparation for seeing Cars 3 on Sunday, a movie night starting with the first Cars film.


Saturday, after making our way through Cars 2, I took Jake and his buddy Griffin to Dave & Busters for some game fun. The boys followed this up with a fun pizza dinner with Alex. 


So many great dads out there, especially who are reading this blog, but a special should out to Alex who loves and adores Jake and Allie so totally. The joy he gets from being their dad is heart-bursting!

As part of our Father's Day celebrations we made it to Cars 3 having watched the first 2 movies ahead of time! It was really enjoyable and we had a great time!




We had an early wake up call on Monday morning to take Alex and Jake to the airport. I can't say I was terribly sad to share the bed with these two that night!

Saying good-bye to Jake for a month!


 Ready to get this show on the road!

At the Atlanta airport!
 With some of the Austin 6 Points crew!
 Waiting to get into camp!


In his dorm/bunk! Happy that he still wanted to bring Hadley Bear with him!

 I was just happy that after some UPS craziness, his luggage arrived!




Nothing better than a princess play date with one of your besties! 

For my birthday this year, Alex threw me the nicest little dinner party in our backyard with some really great friends, delicious food from Chi-lantro and a bar tender to make sure everyone had a full drink in their hand all night! She even made Allie a fancy kid-friendly drink before bed!
Of course we forget to take pictures when there aren't kids involved but it was a great night!

I loved camp so knowing (and seeing pictures) that Jake is having a great time has made it so much easier to have him away. 

A few pictures from the first session at 6 Points.





 He's having no fun at all!

Maccabiah or Color War! Jake's blue team won!




On my actual birthday Alex sent me for a massage and I got to have dinner with these cuties!
Swim lessons: 2017 edition

And then we were off to Montreal for a little vacation with Miss Allie! I'll include those pictures in July or in their own post. 
Happy Summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment