While the boys were away Allie and I had lunch with friends and then Allie had her good friend Penelope over to play. The girls were having so much fun and having a great time dressing up. After the playdate we went to Penelope's for some more playtime and a glass of wine for me and Penny's mom!
I was shocked at how emotional I was when we gifted our glider to our good friends Gordon & Melissa ahead of Baby Kennedy's arrival. When they were taking it out I got all teary thinking of rocking each little one. We're so happy for them and hope it serves them well in the late and sleepless nights ahead!
Allie and I headed out on a super rainy Sunday to the Thinkery (the Austin Children's Museum) to celebrate friend's Millie & Sophie's 3rd birthdays!
![]() |
| Making party hats! |
![]() |
| With Eli |
![]() |
| Sweet birthday girls! |
On January 12th we dropped the littles off at school (after a little photoshoot) and Alex and I were off to Dallas for the first College Football National Championship game! When the Ducks made it and I knew the game was in Dallas I couldn't resist trying to get tickets to go. And when an old DC Duck friend gave me a connection to tickets I had to get them!
![]() |
| Jerry-world! |
So fun to see some of the old school DC Ducks crew!
As you can see from the pictures it was COLD! Somehow Alex managed to get us into the stadium almost an hour early! It was very cool being in here with almost no one else and being warm!
We also ran into a few famous folks too. Lou Dobbs was super nice and is married to a Duck like Alex. His wife and I agreed they were smart men!
Alex also met MLB's Shane Victorino who was there to cheer on fellow Hawaiian, Oregon QB Marcus Mariotta.
Sigh. So the game didn't go the way that I would have liked but I'm glad that we had the chance to go to the National Championship game and have the experience. Alex and I had the whole day together without the kids, saw old friends AND I got to cheer on the team I love. It was an amazing season. Go Ducks Forever!
Poor Jakey. We had him allergy tested and he's allergic to Austin. For your benefit this picture was taken right after the test, the other pictures were WAY worse! Thankfully, he's now on allergy drops and hopefully it will help.
Miss Allie started gymnastics and she loves it. I mean this is just too cute!
For once we had a quiet weekend and we had our first family movie date. It was Allie's first time at the movie theater and she loved it. We saw Paddington and it was adorable.
The next week I was in San Antonio and then Houston for work and got lucky enough to have dinner with this guy and his lovely wife. I was honored when Ken came to the door and he was wearing his Oregon sweatshirt that Alex sent to him (along with a Georgia sweatshirt too). The bonus that night was that Aunt Cindy (Brott) was in town and joined us as did Scott (Toppell), Alex's cousin, joined us for dinner too.
This picture of Allie is a favorite! Even though she wasn't posing but watching her favorite thing and obsession, My Little Pony.
This blog might have more of me and Alex then ever before. To start 40 off right we headed to Las Vegas to celebrate Alex's birthday! We met up with our friends Joanie & Cary Frieden and Jason and Leigh Anne Mann for a very fun weekend.
We met up with Joanie and Cary at The Wynn and then headed to see the perfect show for Alex's birthday weekend, "40 is not the new 20" It was very funny!
At the Bellagio. Always a favorite!
At Serendipity 3, the originals are in NYC, enjoying a frozen hot chocolate. We couldn't resist getting a photo for Melissa Grossman who always makes sure we know when the movie Serendipity is on TV!
Jason and Alex made a few morning bets on Georgia basketball. They not only got to see there team win but they won money too!
![]() |
| With the Leigh Anne and Jason! |
Although this was a big birthday for Alex we have to send birthday love to Uncle Phillip from his favorite little people.
Our basketball star may or may not have a future in the NBA but he seems to love the game!
I still love getting pictures from the Donkey class. Here are a few favorites from the month:
Talking about doctors and nurses!
Allie said that she was so lucky that her Bubba comes to Shabbat even when it isn't Grandparents Shabbat!









.jpg)











.jpg)









.jpg)









No comments:
Post a Comment