Tuesday, March 6, 2012

February Fun!

For a short month we had a lot going on in February! I love that we now have such an adorable and sweet way to start each month!


Bubba came to Austin in early February and started off hanging out with Alex and the kiddos while I was in Houston for a board meeting. It was my first trip away from Allie and I'd say everyone did pretty well!


Bubba moved into his new apartment just up the road from us off of Spicewood Springs. Jake especially loves the cookies at the clubhouse! On our first visit we met some of his neighbors!


It has been nice having Bubba's Babysitting Service or BBS (he wants to trademark it) and Jake particularly is loving having him around to play with and to go to Shabbat at school and on field trips. Having BBS allowed Alex and I to go out for a super fun, kid-free night out with our friends Chris and Shannan, to randomly go to the movies on a Thursday night, and to easily go out for Valentine's Day.

Speaking of Valentine's Day, I have the cutest little Valentines!



The weekend following Valentine's Day we helped celebrate one of Jake's favorite friends, Jacob's birthday. The party was at the same park as Jake's birthday party and Shannan put us all to shame with her superhero cape party favors and big-time Captain America and Spiderman cookies and cupcakes.

Allie was sick for the first time with a yucky cough and cold. The doctor didn't want to prescribe anything which I think is a good thing but the poor girl sounded horrible. Bubba stayed home with her when we went to Jacob's party. It was better for her to not be outside and fun to have a little Jake time!

But even sick, she's such a happy girl!


Most mornings Daddy and Jake have breakfast together while Allie and I are getting ready.

Allie really, really loves Jake! She thinks he is just the best and she lights up when he is around. We had a sweet, lazy morning of playing that was too cute to not capture.

February is a big-time birthday month in our family. Birthday greetings (in order of date) go out to Auntie Rachel, Russell, Dory, Mimi and Brenna! We love you all!

Allie's school had an inservice day on February 17 so Bubba brought her downtown to my office for a visit. Everyone went crazy for Miss Allie and she was super sweet and smiley! She even got dressed up and wore tights. I must admit, I love the tights!


Later that afternoon, Alex took Allie to her 4-month check-up which due to schedules and life in general was more like her 5-month appointment. She's doing great and is totally thriving. She's currently between the 50 and 75% for length, the 50% for weight and is off the chart for head circumference. So like her brother and her daddy, she has a big head! She had to get 4 shots today which must have seriously made her mad because she proceeded to have a major diaper blow-out all over poor Alex.

I love getting a little special Jake and Mommy that doesn't occur in the middle of the night! Jake and I had a date to go to the theater! We saw the play version of one of Jake's favorite books, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie." Jake is below with the Mouse!

Absolutely love watching them interact and how much they already love each other. We all know this may change at times but I think it is the start of something very sweet!


Jake is just starting his martial arts class with Little Dragons Martial Arts. We tried on his uniform last night before today's class. So cute - Hi-yah!


Love my people!

No comments:

Post a Comment