Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Jake is 4!

November 17 will always be one of my most favorite days! I can't believe that it has been four years since I became a mom and Alex and I were blessed with this wonderful boy!

4 years later...
Jake had his birthday party on November 5 with his good friend Jackie who is also a November baby. I may have over compensated a bit but I really wanted to make sure that Allie's naming and the family coming for Thanksgiving didn't over shadow his birthday. In the end all it did was set-up a 3-month Jake present-fest between big brother gifts, birthday presents and now 8 more nights of Hanukkah coming up.

The birthday boy and girl!

We held it at a great park (one of the great things about living in Austin - a November b-day party outside) and the kids loved running around and exploring it. Despite the great playground, the kids loved exploring the park and the big ditch was of course where they all wanted to play. It was also really nice getting to chat with the parents in an environment that wasn't drop-off or pick-up.

Of course the kids couldn't wait for cake but thanks to some trick candles they had to wait just a little longer. Jake and Jackie loved it.


Of course he got so many wonderful gifts and our friends are all very generous. In addition to all the thoughtful gifts Jake has been getting for being such a great big brother all the birthday gifts have totally overwhelmed me on the toy front. Beyond making room in the playroom, I want Jake to know just how lucky he is and to be very appreciative of all that he has. So we're going to start donating some of our older, less played with toys to charity.
On Jake's actual birthday we had a special birthday breakfast and he celebrated with his friends at school. He got to bring his favorite book to school (a birthday book Mimi sent him called, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie") and they made muffins for his birthday.


Before going out to dinner, we had present time. Even though Alex and I got him a very cool kid friendly camera, Jake was most taken with Bubba's gift - A construction hard hat that Jake LOVES! He even wore it out to dinner.


Also arriving on Jake's birthday was a big box from godmommy Libby. In addition to other stuff, this make your own Muppet toy is adorable.

Jake, you are my sweet, funny, handsome, loving boy! I love all the ways in which you've changed our lives for the better and love you with all my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment