Friday, February 15, 2019

Super-Sized November!

Jake started November with the 5th-grade sleepover, Dillo Quest!  
Girls Saturday of a little lunch and shopping.
Soccer on a Sunday evening in San Antonio! 
I must love him a lot! 

It was time for Kirby to go to training so Allie and I took him out to the country for two weeks of training and fun! Photo credit: Allie
And basketball season begins!
Here we come, Disney World!
Magic Bands ready and we're off!
It was also a special day because we left for Disney on Jake's Birthday!
We stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. 
Our neighbors were really nice. 
Heading to Disney Springs, one of about a zillion shopping/restaurant areas.

We were at Disney World just in time to celebrate Mickey's 90th birthday! 
Just chillin'!
They were very excited about the pool!

Celebrating Jake at dinner!
Day 1 - Magic Kingdom
1st ride: Dumbo!
When I was 2 we went to Disney World. Legend has it that when my dad and I rode the ride, I kept pushing the button to go up and down and made poor Bubba sick. Allie and I tried to recreate it!

Mad Hatter Teacup Ride

Princess time with one of her favorites: 
Princess Elena
And with Cinderella
Jake and Alex braved Splash Mountain.
The theme for the trip: which parent would have to go on the roller coasters with Jake. 
A beautiful end to the day!
Day 2 - Epcot
In the Canada area of the park!


On to Jolly old England!
Heading to Paris!
Waiting for the TestTrack ride


Jake and Alex stayed to ride it again while Allie and I ventured to Morrocco or Agrabah! 
Her favorite and her spirit princess!

Test Track for the 4th time!
Time for drinks (for mom & dad) in Mexico!



On the way to dinner (in England) we saw this and stopped to check in out!
A storyteller sharing about Hanukkah customs around the world.


A great way to end our dinner and our day at Epcot. By the way, fireworks are very hard to photograph! 







Day 3 - Hollywood Studios 
First up: Star Tours - The Adventure Continues

Chip or Dale?
Mann's Chinese Theater
Toy Story Land was very cute and since it's a new attraction it was very busy!







Lunch at the Sci-Fi Drive-in 

With Jake's favorite, Pluto!
Also, he look so tall!

Here we go on the Rock n' Roller Coaster! Another roller coaster I'd never have gone to if not for Jake! 
Blurry because I might have been a little blurry but he loved it!
Day 4 - Animal Kingdom
It's always good to see Mickey & Minnie!

Animal Kingdom park was beautiful.


Scary ride of the day: Expedition Everest: Legend of the Forbidden Mountain 
Who knew I was an adventure guide?!
The Lion King show was impressive! 



The realities of Disney! 
We all liked this mini-coaster!

Lunch (at a way overpriced buffet) with safari versions of Donald & Daisy Duck and Goofy!




Show your "O" Donald Duck!
On safari!








I'm not a big fan of face paint and glitter but look at that smile!





Beautiful day!
Lovely evening show on the water. 






Day 5 - Magic Kindom 
Waiting, waiting and more waiting. 
Waiting for the park to open.

Jake and I hurried over to Space Mountain! I was a little nervous. Jake's review...it was too short!
The Beauty & the Beast Castle

"Try the Grey Stuff, It's Delicious! Don't believe me, Ask the Dishes!"
It seemed wrong to be in a castle and not have a glass of champagne when given the choice! It was one of my favorite meals we had the whole trip!


Meanwhile, Alex and Jake went on Splash Mountain again and again! 
Day 6 - Animal Kingdom
We raced (literally) to the Avatar ride! It was a beautiful, lush display with long, long lines!

Super fun ride!
More rides on Everest!
We went back to another favorite, Primeval Whirl
This is the face you make after waiting in line for almost 3 hours and then they tell you that the ride isn't working at capacity so wait times may be longer than expected. 
Happy to be heading home but what a great trip!
Clearly, we're back in Austin. 
Keeping Austin Weird! 
 Kirby's back....cute and furry as ever!


Such a fun trip but happy to be home with fuzzball!








No comments:

Post a Comment