Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Delightful December

December began in the most adorable way possible with the birth of our nephew (and cousin) Dillon Ray Kleban. 

Although he was born 5 weeks early he's (and his parents) are doing great! It's kind of crazy that as I'm writing this blog on January 4 he wasn't even due to be born yet! We're so glad that he is here, healthy and so very adorable!


I got to spend a very, very brief 16 hours in DC celebrating my friend and business partner, Layton. Layton just earned a brand new Lexus of her choosing and got to throw a party to celebrate. This well-deserved rolling trophy was something I thought was only an urban legend but I've now seen first hand, just how possible it is and what an awesome company Rodan + Fields is. I also need to credit Layton with me starting this blog as I fully copied her idea of an online baby book.  


I made it home for the first night of Hanukkah and dinner with Bubba, latkes, a couple of meltdowns and some dreidel playing. Jake was ecstatic to get the Mariota (former Oregon Ducks QB) jersey for the first night. Allie has bonded with her new giraffe lovie that she got that night (not pictured).  

 We love our BlankieTails from Great!


We were happy to celebrate Mila W's birthday! Allie was excited that a "real live princess" might be there and I was excited that there would probably be wine! 

 OMG, Mommy, it's ARIEL!
 The all important how to wave like a princess lesson. 
 Ariel's face painting skills need work!


We used FaceTime with Dory & Zayde for Hanukkah on Saturday night which was so fun because they could see the kids reactions (and why I don't have pictures) of Jake getting his Todd Gurley (former Georgia running back) jersey and Allie loved her Paw Patrol "guys" especially since one was a girl. 

The next day, Allie had her first ballet recital and while it was little more than organized chaos it was also just about the cutest thing ever! For some reason, her class (the youngest) went last so Allie did a great job waiting her turn. 








Allie had some extra special fans in the audience that day. BFF Hailey and mom, Mollie, came for her performance and to celebrate the last night of Hanukkah with us. Allie was SO excited that she was there. 

With the rest of her fan club!


Posing with fellow ballerina and good friend Mila C.

The final night of Hanukkah with Hailey & Mollie! 


Jake's last present was a big one (and one for me & Alex too)!


And  that's a wrap on Hanukkah 2015!

We had a babysitter one night and came home to Allie surrounded by her lovies. I still love watching them sleep!



Kids are funny! Family friends, Richie and Linda, gave this little pup to Allie when she was born. She rediscovered it and has been inseparable from "Rosebud" ever since. 

We just love our backyard now! If you saw it before, you know how different it is now. Love seeing Jake and Alex playing soccer or throwing the football back there. 

We were lucky to have Mimi came to visit during the first week of winter break! 

We headed down to the lake for a Happy Hour at Able's and the light show at Mozart's Coffee Shop. The light show was underwhelming but it was fun to do something different and to be together.

 Mimi, Allie and Oregon Duck Bear 


I just loved these gift box decorations hanging from all the trees. They were so beautiful!


It may be blurry but I love this one!


Of course, the night ended with hot chocolate!


The next day we went to the Thinkery with some friends for a gingerbread house workshop.  


Mimi and Jake made a great team!



Hard at work!
Showing off the final product!

Jake & Allie's 2015 gingerbread houses!

A little Thinkery and park fun to end the day!





Mimi left on Christmas day to go to San Francisco and see Baby Dillon (and Rachel and Warren) but before she left we took a girls "hike" to Mt. Bonnell. 

Nice camera work, Allie



Only Allie could hike in a batgirl costume (tutu included) and pink Converse and look good doing it!

Our next visitors were the Viviers...all of them! The kids were so excited that Michael, Josh and Talia were all coming. Allie kept asking how Michael could come since he's "in college."


Josh and Jake are definitely cut from the same cloth and Jake was so excited to watch football with his big cousin!

We tried to go to family yoga but the class was canceled so we stopped for a little treat instead!

Kiss me right here! Fun with Pipi!


Everyone loves the BlankieTails! 
Brenna turned into a mermaid during her visit!

I only have a few favorite Jake baby items left but I was so thrilled to send a few things with Mimi for Dillon. The top picture is Jake heading home from the hospital and below is Dillon (looking rather Hipster I might add) in the same hat! We already love having a cousin and we haven't even met him yet!


Allie and I pre-partied at the Jones' house before heading home to host our own NYE celebrations!


Welcoming 2016 with this crazy crew!


Happy New Year to everyone! 
Here's to a happy, healthy and fun 2016!








No comments:

Post a Comment