July started off with a trip and Allie's first airplane ride. We headed off to North Carolina to celebrate Zayde's 75th birthday! Alex went early so it was not only Allie's first flight but my first trip solo with 2 kids! Of course my first trip solo with 2 kids is when TSA decided would be the perfect time for a full-body screening. Fun stuff!
Overall it was a pretty easy flight and the kids were very good but man, I was exhausted when we arrived and super happy to see Alex!
After a good nights sleep we were ready to celebrate Zayde's birthday and Dorry put on a really nice party. In addition to celebrating Zayde, we were excited to see Auntie Helen, Stan's sister, visiting all the way from London.
Dorry and Auntie Helen enjoyed a nibble of Allie instead of cake!
The ladies in red!
Jake had a great time playing with Rebecca, the granddaughter of one of Stan & Dorothy's friends. I swear it was love at first sight and Jake asked about her the rest of the trip. Auntie Helen was also excellent at playing cars!
Allie started off slow but then she rallied.
Love this picture (except that Jake isn't in it)
Some snuggles with Uncle Phillip before he headed home to Macon. Jake particularly loves that Uncle Phillip knows so much about the superheros!
We headed to downtown Raleigh with Auntie Helen to do some exploring. We ended up at the Museum of Natural History and it was very nicely done. Jake was thrilled their were dinosaurs and was so excited to run from exhibit to exhibit telling Auntie Helen all about the different animals.
That's one big dinosaur!
Showing Zayde how you play Angry Birds!
The four of us went for our own little adventure to Pullen Park, an amazing city run amusement park and playground. The park has been around since the 1800's and was beautifully maintained and run. They just added a pavilion for the carousel which is good because it was a zillion degrees out!
Jake rode the carousel at least three times!
Allie and I watched the first time around.
Trip number 2!
Allie's turn. She liked it, I think.
On the train with my littles! The train went all the way around the park and the small lake where you can rent a canoe.
And a boat ride to end the trip to Pullen Park!
Back at Dorry and Zayde's to rest up after the park. There were plenty of toys to play with, laps to sit in and hugs to be had!
Not quite walking but she's on her way!
We had a great trip and were so happy to help celebrate Zayde's birthday but it was time to go home!
It feels like the summer has been going quickly so we've been enjoying just hanging out and trying to stay cool. Here's a bit of random cuteness for y'all.
Picking out something good to read!
It's hard to drive but they're so adorable in it!
Just crawlin' around!
Post haircut!
I love to sit in my high chair because it means FOOD!
Jake loves his daddy! Alex was out one evening and he wore his baseball cap all night. He even went to sleep with it. It was the sweetest thing!
I had a board meeting in Galveston so Super Daddy was up for a few days. They all did great and I loved getting pictures and getting to FaceTime with them before my meetings. Thank you, Apple products!
When I got back we spent a super fun day together taking family pictures (I'll post some here as soon as I get them), had lunch and ice cream out, went out to Duchman winery to pick up some wine and then Alex and I had a night out!
At the winery Allie enjoys a different type of white!
On Sunday, Jake and I went to celebrate our friend Riley's birthday with some bowling! Jake liked it but wasn't quite able to find his perfect bowling method. I tried to give him some pointers (not that I'm any good) but it's a work in progress.
We've been watching the Olympics and someone is practicing for her turn! Too bad there's no chance she'll get the necessary height to make the team!
And when all else fails, eat the ball!
Jake and I build "Dinosaur World" the other night. It consisted of lining up all the dinosaurs to watch a show (my iPad) and making sure that Allie didn't destroy the scene. Below Jake describes the scene and then makes a quick exit.
No comments:
Post a Comment